Not the best come back but I really need to admit that my laziness took over me this past few months. Moving forward, I would like to aim to do at least two blog post every month. Despite me not posting for a while, I did work on several projects that involves redecorating my apartment on a very low budget.
Talking about low budget nothing beats a flea market price. If you can haggle, you will definitely be able to find unique pieces for a really good deal. I have lived in New York City for the past few years and I finally decided to go to the Hell’s Kitchen Flea Market. Somehow at the first sight of a flea market, I got way too excited and shopped at the West 25th Street Market instead (The Antiques Garage). The address to this flea market is 112 West 25th street.
My first thought when I saw the flea market was filled with pessimism. My friend commented that she doesn’t understand why people come to this market. We realized we were both wrong as soon as we began exploring the stalls. I left with three unique pieces for my apartment and she got a lovely brown crossover bag.
1. Vintage mirror- The stall owner’s first price was $80 and I got it for $25. I love the design on the frames but not a big fan of the color. I will be painting this frame and I look forward to sharing with you all.
2. Another mirror- I want to use it as a mirrored tray for my coffee table. This mirror took a lot of convincing and smiling to lower the price from $35 to $10. While I was bargaining he told me ” I see how you use your charm”, which totally worked!! 🙂
3. Classic lamp and the owner claims that the small trunks are Loui Vuitton designs. I fell in love the first moment I saw this piece and knew it from the very beginning that this item would be pricey. But it cost me only $10, this piece was a steal for me.
Tips to help you haggle.
1. Smile, smile and smile!
2. Ask for their price and if it’s too pricey mention it.
3. Ask for their best price first.
4. Then you mention yours but price it way down.
5. The negotiating starts, the lower you mentioned the price the better deal you will get.
6. Make sure to thank them if this works!!
7. Please comment below and share what was your favorite flea market deal you got so far.
8. Smile and good luck! 😀